Announcing Harrington Group’s Newest Partner: Oswaldo (Ozzie) Torres

Posted by npocpas1 npocpas1

       As we kick off a fresh year, Harrington Group is very excited to announce the admittance of Oswaldo Torres to the 4th partner of the company. Ozzie has been with Harrington Group since 2009, when he was brought on as a Senior Auditor. His extensive background, including work for a regional public accounting firm conducting audits of manufacturing and apparel entities, as well as providing accounting and consulting services to a vocational college in Commerce, CA, allowed him to shine in this position – ultimately earning him a promotion to manager in 2015. As manager, Ozzie has been leading audit engagements for a variety of nonprofit clients, using his expertise in financial and operational areas and in evaluating internal control systems. He has excelled, maintained admirable work ethic and does so with grace. For these reasons and more, Ozzie is the perfect person to round out the partner positions here in 2021.

        As newly appointed partner, Ozzie will be bringing a fresh perspective to this role. A few of Ozzie’s many strengths include taking initiative and a drive for continuous learning. Over his career with HG, he has initiated research on new and emerging accounting and audit topics. For example, Ozzie researched the new revenue recognition standards and did in-house training on the topic. In addition, as the 2020 Pandemic hit, he researched funding sources available for our nonprofit clients because he wanted them to have information on accessing the Payment Protection Program funds, so they may continue to provide essential services and not have to worry about financial limitations. He also plays a big brother type roll here in our Harrington Group family, as he mentors junior staff, encourages them to perform their best and advises them in the same way that he would advise his own siblings. Through this mentorship role, Ozzie takes pride in his ability to connect with junior staff, allowing them to feel comfortable expressing both their career aspirations and reservations. He can ultimately relay this information to the rest of the partners, so that the HG family as a whole can continue to be successful today, tomorrow and in the foreseeable future.

        Let’s get to know Oswaldo Torres a little better – here are some insights into his accomplishments, his interests and into what makes him the Ozzie we know and love!

• Ozzie’s favorite part of working for HG is “working with talented colleagues who enjoy seeing our clients succeed in making positive differences in our communities.”

• When asked his favorite part of accounting, Ozzie responded – “I enjoy the logic and stories that numbers communicate. In addition, meeting new people is also an enjoyment. These are the reasons why I chose auditing as my career path.”

• When asked his feelings on ending a challenging year with admittance into partnership, Ozzie’s heartfelt answer was – “Bittersweet! A lot of profound changes have happened in the world, like the pandemic and civil unrest, and within HG, the sudden passing of one of our dearest colleagues Vilitati Bikai.”

• Outside of his professional pursuits, Ozzie enjoys attending various sporting events, coaching his son’s little league teams, venturing out to new cycling trails and spending time with his friends and family.

• Ozzie is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants

• He graduated from California State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration

All in all, we are THRILLED to have Ozzie in a leadership role here at Harrington Group. He has always brought many strengths to the table and he continues to push our company and all of our employees to their best. From all of us here in the HG family we say…

CONGRATS OZZIE!!