Chinese New Year

Posted by npocpas1 npocpas1
Today marks the celebration of the Chinese New Year. This year, is the year of the Monkey.

Below, please find some fun craft ideas to complete with your children in celebration of this special holiday!

Fireworks painting, as seen on DanyaBanya.

Materials
       Dark construction paper
       Pre-cut toilet paper roll
       Paints (white, yellow, red, gold and silver glitter)
       Spare toilet paper roll
       Scissors

Cut toilet paper role, dip and paint.

Paper Plate Monkey, as seen on Crafty Morning.

Materials
        Paper plate
        Brown paint
        Tan/white paper
        Sharpie
        Glue/tape
        Roller and bubble wrap (optional)

We used our bubble wrap attached to a lint roller to make some great monkey fur texture on the plain paper plate!
Cut out the monkey’s face, ears, and eyes with paper. Glue them on and add the facial features with black sharpie.

Happy Chinese New Year!