Highlighting Animal Adoption Nonprofits

Posted by npocpas1 npocpas1

As a nonprofit CPA, we at Harrington Group love to highlight local nonprofits dedicated to serving our communities. This past month included National Rescue Dog Day (May 20th) aimed at bringing awareness to animal adoption. So why not take the opportunity to share some nonprofit organizations that are dedicated to this special cause. The following nonprofits are based in our home cities of Pasadena and Oakland, California, where our offices are located. We hope that you are able to contribute to them in some way, even if that's just by spreading awareness! If you aren't looking to adopt an animal, it's possible that someone you know is ready for this exciting prospect. Share the following organizations!

Pasadena:

Lifeline For Pets: This group focuses on making a positive impact on the life of service animals. Lifeline for Pets rescues these animals from neglectful situations, helps place them in carefully screened family’s homes, and assists pet owners struggling with veterinary bills.
https://www.lifelineforpets.org

Pasadena Humane Society: This past year, this organization helped almost 40,000 animals find their forever home. Additionally, this branch of the Humane Society is helping the community care for and keep their pets by offering free and affordable spays, neuters, and vaccines. Their facility also features a pet food bank and an animal support call center.
https://pasadenahumane.org/about/who-we-are/#about-us-link

Mobility Service Dogs : This non-profit is dedicated to offering assistance to the mobility-impaired community. Mobility Service Dogs focuses on providing a user-friendly pathway for this community to find the right service dog for their lifestyle and needs.
https://mobilitydog.org/mission-vision-core-values

Oakland:

Muttville: This Oakland-based organization is dedicated to assisting older dogs in finding their forever homes. Muttville aims to show that many of these senior dogs have wonderful personalities, good health, and much love to share regardless of their age.
https://muttville.org

Berkeley Humane Society: This society is dedicated to helping provide care for dogs and cats in the East Bay. They engage the community through service opportunities.
https://berkeleyhumane.org

Rocket Dog Rescue: This rescue is dedicating their time to dog breeds often seen as aggressive that are commonly overlooked. Rocket Dog Rescue places non-aggressive dogs into temporary foster homes that focus on socialization, health needs, and improving behavioral conditions which would otherwise limit their adoptability. With their volunteer network, online adoption page, weekend adoption fairs, and neighborhood poster campaign they are able to seek permanent homes for these animals.
https://www.rocketdogrescue.org

Hopalong Animal Rescue: This Second Chance Animal Rescue has a mission to eliminate the euthanasia of adoptable animals throughout Northern California. Since the non-profit was founded in 1993, they have collectively saved over 24,000 animals by placing them in carefully selected, forever homes. In addition to providing care for the animals, they also advocate for the pets in local schools by educating students on spay/neuter services, animal advocacy, and humane education.
https://www.hopalong.org/about/

In the spirit of the season, maybe consider fostering or adopting pets within your community. Another great way to join the cause is by volunteering or donating to these wonderful non-profits.