Holiday Zoom Party

Posted by npocpas1 npocpas1

Here at Harrington Group, we pride ourselves on being one big happy family. We respect each other, work well together and year after year, we bond. Part of this bonding is our annual holiday party, a tradition of celebration for a successful year and a quick break before we embark into another year of accounting. This year has obviously looked quite different than years passed, as we have all spent most of our time out of the office, away from one another and adjusting to these socially distant changes. Part of adapting to these changes meant re-evaluating our approach to our annual holiday party. We did just that!

Enter...Zoom. Saving the day (again). Zoom allowed us to gather, without actually gathering. Each of our staff received a goodie basket to their homes, which included all the materials to make an epic gingerbread house. Also included were some additional treats, to detour anyone from trying to eat their gingerbread house in the process (kidding but there were treats). We ate together, drank together, laughed together and we did this very holiday themed activity together. Although our interactions were through a screen, it did not take away from our holiday joy or our company bonding. We even did our annual spinning of the wheel, where staff have a chance to win some fun bonuses!

As 2020 comes to a close, we have taken a look back to recognize that it was a challenging year. In this reflection, we are also grateful to say that we have not lost our connection as a strong family unit, we have not lost our connection to our clients and as a society, we have not lost connection to each other. As challenges come along in life and we face them head on, it only makes us stronger and more inventive. We are thankful for these challenges, the chance to grow and for our continued support of one another. Our annual holiday (Zoom) party was a chance us to express that to one another and we are headed into 2021 full force!