Inspired!

Posted by npocpas1 npocpas1
It can be really hard to get going some weeks. Monday rolls around too soon, a busy weekend leaves the list of tasks that I was hoping to accomplish during my weekend sitting unfinished, waiting to be accomplished. Mondays can be hard and slow going at first. Not today.

This morning, I was determined to get things done, and in typical fashion, I started with checking facebook. The Harrington Group feed is full of updates and posts from many of our clients and a group of hardworking nonprofits that are changing the world one day at a time. I scrolled through with my coffee in hand and I was so Inspired!

Mending Kids is providing life changing surgeries to children in need all over the world, right now they are in Guatemala. Somehow seeing the pictures of the volunteers and the children makes it all a bit more real.  LAUP is always working hard to bring positive educational experiences to all children in Los Angeles. Their inspiring messages about the importance of play and the pictures of the children in their programs having fun, learning, hit home today.

There are photos of people who would have struggled in the justice system, provided for, pro bono, by One Justice. There are countless updates about #activism and #volunteering across the country. The common theme in my thread this morning was doing for others. The world is a beautifully complex place. There is need, but there are a huge number of people out there that thrive on providing for others.

 There are people in this world with great hearts. I am thankful that I get to see that. Everything is put into perspective, so by accident this morning. I walk away in search of that next big thing, my cause, and I am inspired to do every little thing I can until I find it.

Thank you to all of you for all that you do!