July is National Ice Cream Month

Posted by npocpas1 npocpas1
 It seems as though the designations of days and months to specific celebrations, such as donuts, apple pie, or coffee are growing all the time. In a world so driven by social media, these mini holidays seem to be popping up and taking over. While they may seem trivial, we will never argue with added reasons to celebrate each day!

While there is no historical proof, or official statement declaring July to be National Ice Cream month, we are choosing to acknowledge the posts we've seen acorss social media as proof enough. Because, honestly, who needs convincing to celebrate ice cream?

Take these little weekly or monthly "internet holidays" and use them as an opportunity to share kindness, and cultivate gratitude. Sometimes these little excuses to treat ourselves, or those around us exemplify a larger opportunity to work towards happiness in our own little way.

So treat your coworkers to dessert after lunch, suprise your wife by bringing home a container of her favorite flavor, or spend the evening making ice cream at home, with your kids. Everyone can use a little extra reason to smile and  ice cream is as good a reason as any.

Happy National Ice Cream Month!