Make the Last Leg of Summer Count!

Posted by npocpas1 npocpas1

At Harrington Group we are big fans of to-do lists. They set the tone for a project, and when minds wander or tasks get out of hand they bring us back to what is truly important to the overall goal. But to-do lists don’t have to be all work and no play; in fact some of the best are exactly the opposite!

With the last official month of summer looming we recommend making the most of it by – you guessed it – making a to-do list of all the quintessential activities you haven’t had time to get to yet. Keep it posted somewhere you will be able to see it regularly so it can remind you to prioritize some fun with the rest of the madness that the world throws into our day-to-day.

Just to get the ball rolling we have a few suggestions when it comes to making the last month of summer the best it can be:

• Take a trip. Big or small, long or short, give yourself the gift of a getaway to recharge your batteries and soak up some summer vibes.
• Unplug. Take a day away from technology, be it outdoors or simply to dive into a good book – make it count. Invite friends to do the same and have an unplugged dinner party. Play cards and sip cocktails. Make something. Let your brain remember what it feels like not to rely on technology for 24 hours.
• Go to the fair. Or a festival. Or an outdoor movie. Do something that makes you feel like a kid again! Eat all the fried food and ice cream and don’t feel bad about it for even a minute.
• Dine al fresco. This may not be an activity limited to summertime but it does feel the most luxurious during the months in which the sun lingers in the sky. Enjoy golden hour with someone you love and seasonal food and drink to compliment the atmosphere.
• Hit the farmer’s market. Most of them are year round but there is no produce as bright and delightful as summer produce! Get your fill of sun-soaked veggies and berries while you still can.
• Find water. Summer is best served with toes dipped in some body of water, be it ocean or river or lake. Pack a picnic (or at least a cooler) and enjoy the reprieve from the heat while feeling like true summer royalty.

Let’s make August count! Which activities are at the top of your to-do list?