Martin Luther King Jr. - Inspiring Quotes

Posted by npocpas1 npocpas1
As the week comes to a close, many of your are preparing for a three day weekend, as Monday is Martin Luther King Day. As Americans we are well versed in the work and history of Martin Luther King Jr. He was an inspiring activist who stuck to his ideals and dedicated his life to affecting positive changes, specifically in the Civil Rights Movement.

Martin Luther King Jr. was an inspiring man in so many ways. Although we view his work on a rather large scale in the context of the history of our country, we must not forget that he was, at his core, a man, just like the rest of us.

Here are a five of our favorite inspirational quotes from Dr. King.
They are not only inspiring, but relatable, and useful in navigating every day life.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”

“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”

“If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.”

“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’”

May we take this holiday not only as a reminder of the wonderful work done by Dr. King, but as a time to examine our own lives, philosophies, ideals. It is the perfect time to question our own personal intent, actions, character and commitment, and renew our dedication to doing what is right.