World Cancer Day 2016

Posted by npocpas1 npocpas1
WORLD CANCER DAY 2016

Cancer is one of those powerful words that can cause a change of mood in an instant. As often as it is spoken, it has not lost an ounce of its power.

Today, February 4th, is World Cancer Day. "It aims to save millions of preventable deaths each year by raising awareness and education about the disease, pressing governments and individuals across the world to take action.”

Today is the day to take the power of the word - cancer- and use it as motivation. Stand up, speak out and advocate for those who you love. Share you knowledge and your story in an effort to lend power and strength to others.

Walking Hands Activity_World Cancer Day 2016
“World Cancer Day is a day to collectively raise our voices and push for greater awareness, actively implement what we know in the areas of prevention, early detection, treatment and care and to push governments to invest in cancer control. It is a day of action and reflection, and I urge you all to get involved."
Jamal Khader - Director International Extramural Affairs Office, Director of Radiation Oncology Residency Program, King Hussein Cancer Foundation

For more information on how to get involved visit: World Cancer Day 2016.